Security Phone Number: 717.840.1432
Youth Escort Policy
Fridays and Saturdays
6pm until close
- York Galleria Mall visitors under 18 are required to be accompanied by a parent or guardian 21 years or older on Friday and Saturday evenings after 6pm.
- Security will begin monitoring those entering the center at 6pm.
- Unescorted youth shopping prior to 6pm on Friday and Saturday evenings must leave the mall by 6pm or be joined by a parent or guardian.
- Unescorted youth will be asked to leave the center after 6pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Individuals utilizing public or other forms of transportation must schedule their departure time to ensure compliance with the 6pm Youth/Guardian policy.
- Individuals in violation of the York Galleria Mall Youth/Guardian policy or in violation of any posted mall rules that refuse to leave the mall when requested to do so by mall security officers may be prosecuted for trespassing.
- Proof of age will be required if the age of the youth and/or parent or guardian is not easily determined. Those whose age cannot be determined and who lack identification will be asked to leave the property.
- Acceptable identification is a photo ID from a state agency, school or employer.
- Youth under 18 working in the mall will be allowed access without a parent or guardian, proof of work status will be required and they must go directly to the place of employment and must leave the mall at the conclusion of their work shift if after 6pm on Friday and/or Saturday evenings.
- One parent, over 18 years of age, may escort all of his/her children. Additionally, one parent or guardian, over 21 years of age may escort up to 3 youths, at least one of the youths must be the child of the parent or guardian.
- Parents or guardians are responsible for the actions of the escorted youth.
- Any person violating the posted rules of behavior will be asked to leave York Galleria Mall.
- If an escorted youth is banned from the center, the adult escort will also be banned for the same period of time as the youth.
- Security personnel are responsible for enforcing this policy and the procedures.
- The York Galleria Mall Youth/Guardian policy is posted at all mall entrances.
Effective September 30, 2011
Suggested Safety Tips For Shopping
- Note your parking location.
- Remember to lock your car.
- If you're shopping with family or friends, prearrange a place and a time to meet.
- Never leave children unattended. If your child wanders away, please contact mall security for assistance.
- Teach your children their full name....as well as yours.
- Carry a current photo of your child with you.
- Don't leave packages or other personal property unattended.
- Guard your handbag, wallet and credit cards...don't flash your cash.
- Always have keys in hand before you reach your car.
- Check your car from a distance to make sure no one is loitering near it.
- Always lock car doors as soon as you get inside.
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- If you notice anything suspicious, report it to mall security.
- Never hesitate to ask for assistance.